Part 1: The travel info
Arrivals by air (between 15-30 June)
Thessaloniki Airport ” Macedonia”
From June 15, all flights are allowed except those from Italy, Spain, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Turkey, Albania, Northern Macedonia.
Arrivals by sea (between 15-30 June)
* Ships from abroad are prohibited from entering Greek ports.
* Yachts (recreational or professional) are allowed in Greek ports but only with a crew on board.
Arrivals by road (between 15-30 June)
* Greece’s land border with Turkey, Albania and Northern Macedonia will remain closed (except for absolutely necessary business trips).
* Greece’s border with Bulgaria will be open.
From 1 July:
International arrivals by air
* All airports in Greece will accept flights from abroad.
* Coordination of the European Commission’s proposal for the list of non-EU countries for which restrictions will continue to exist.
International arrivals by road
* Restrictions on arrivals from Albania and Northern Macedonia will be lifted.
* Restrictions from Turkey will be reviewed by June 30. There will be announcements.
International arrivals by sea
* All ships coming from abroad are allowed in Greek ports.
Part 2: The Caravan protocol
Caravan B & B is now focusing on the health and safety of everyone. Starting from his team and ending with each traveler who will choose Thessaloniki and by extension Caravan for his summer and not only holidays.
For this reason, respecting the constantly changing needs and requirements, we introduce Touchless Hospitality. Contactless hospitality came to offer all that we were accustomed to, in regard to all the processes of welcoming a traveller: beginning with Arrival and ending with departure.
The Caravan team has been trained to ensure the proper operation of the hotel, evolving the health standards of the Ministry and adapting the hospitality to today’s standards.
Our Check – in will now be done Online, without any human contact. When booking and 1 day before arrival, you receive by message all the necessary information regarding your stay, check in/ check out procedures as well as your unique key in QR code form.
Group & Traveler Health
The Caravan provides its travelers with the possibility of immediate medical care from our approved partner. Safety and feeling is our primary goal, which is why we ensure the provision of medical care 24 hours, daily.
Hygiene of premises
Although we operate intact, we are always available for any need during your stay, giving tips about the city, solving any questions or helping you, always wearing our colorful masks and gloves.
At each point of the reception there will be antiseptics and disposable gloves.
Regular disinfection of rooms
Our cleaning team, clean and disinfect our rooms according to the National Hotel hygiene protocol.
There will always be a 24-hour gap between stays.
Daily, each room remains empty for at least 24 hours until the next traveler.
All rooms are cleaned and freshened using a special Steam Machine, ideal for premises and fabrics.
The public areas will be cleaned regularly by our team, with special cleaning agents, approved by the National Hotel hygiene protocol.
An important part of our hospitality is the Greek flavors and not only, which reach you during breakfast. Adapted to the new conditions, the breakfast buffet is changing. Breakfast will now be served at specific times for each traveler and there will be the choice of intact breakfast, which will arrive in the room without the need to contact our staff.
• Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
• Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
• Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
• Process in place to check health of guests
• First aid kit available
• Physical distancing
• Contactless check-in/check-out
• Cashless payment available
• Physical distancing rules
• Whats up Viber Messenger Communication from your mobile with the staff of the caravan
• Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
• Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
• Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
• Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
• Guests can opt-out of accommodation cleaning service
– Physical distancing in dining areas
– Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
– All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized
– Private eating in the area
– a la carte Breakfast
The Caravan B&B team eagerly awaits all travelers for a safe summer in Thessaloniki.
* The above guidelines may be amended if new measures are adopted by the Ministry of Tourism & Development*